Saturday, July 16, 2011

SO BUSY....MY HEAD IS SPINNING......
Hello to all of my sweet and wonderful friends.......hope all of you are having a great & blessed weekend.
It seems as though we never slow down.....I thought we were suppose to as we get older????

See what I mean!
Lots of "Appreciation" to my brother & my brother-in-law for installing the ceramic tile for us.
This is "ME" I grouted the whole Master Bath & Closet myself, it took about 3 1/2 hours.
I had to let it dry for 24 hours then I went back and cleaned off any film left from the grout. Waited 2 days and then had to seal all the grout lines with this special sealer.....and yes "I" did all of this myself too. 
 I really enjoy doing this sort of thing.....I get it from my daddy , who went to be with our Lord and Savior in 2001. I miss him a lot...he really inspired me...nothing was too hard for him...only a new challenge.

Our Elm Tree Died!
Hubby had to cut it down....we still have lots of other trees...just not another Elm.
I am guessing it was at least 25+ years old.

Made Plum Jam.....a dear sweet mom of a friend of mine brought me the Plums...I don't remember the name of the Plums but they sure did make great jam!
She not only brought me the Plums but she also loaned me her press.....
I have got to find me one of the gadgets....it saves so much time and you get so much more jam by using it.

 I have been out all day mowing and working in some of my flower beds......should sleep good tonight!

God Bless
&
Be Safe

~Linda~

4 comments:

  1. glad you 'enjoyed' the tile work! yucko! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! I thought things would slow down for us to, but, we just bought an older home and here we are again....redoing, refinishing, work, work, work. I can't complain very much. I love that sorta stuff too. Your plum jelly looks uyummy! I hope you enjoy your Sunday and get to rest. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE busy!! We need some of that creative energy around here for some home projects that have been put on hold for two years or more.

    The plum jam reminds me of the plum thicket we used to play in; no telling how many plums we ate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Linda, you sure have been one busy little bee...But doesn't it feel good to do things yourself? Jam looks delish...Wishing you a wonderful new week. Don't work too hard :-)

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete