Tuesday, October 12, 2010

MEMORIES BROUGHT BACK

I love my screened front door that my husband and I installed this year. I could hardly wait to use it when Fall approached, well let me tell you I am really enjoying it. By day, especially the early morning hours, the nice breeze and sounds of the birds are wonderful! By night the stillness and cool breeze is so nice, but I love sitting and listening to the cows, not far away, and the crickets singing to us. You may think I am crazy but I love the sound of a screen door slamming shut so gently, it reminds me of my childhood going in and out of the house and the screen door slamming behind me. Oh, such long ago, I am glad they still make screen doors today!

1 comment:

  1. this little screen door story reminded me of grandma's house when I was eight or nine I spent a week in Milan, TN and your story put me right back in time. My grandparents house backed up to the armory but her back yard was full of flowers and birds. My grandfather would give me a nickel for every four leaf clover I found. (probably to keep me busy and quiet)

    ReplyDelete