Thursday, June 7, 2012

It's Finally Posted.....

Hope this week has been a good and productive week for each and everyone of my dear sweet friends.

I have had a very, very busy week at work......hardly time to stop and take potty breaks!
BUT.......
Tomorrow is Friday and its our short day.....we get off at 2:00 on Friday's and I "LOVE" it!

Then the weekend begins....the list of things that need to be done is very long but we will just take one at a time and leftovers will get done another day.

~~~ A couple of post back I mentioned I would be posting some barn pictures that I took on Memorial Day while Hubby & I were out looking for old cemeteries where his ancestors are buried. 

Finally Barn #1 has been posted. Just click here and it will take you directly there (but don't leave yet, there is more to read below)~~~

I don't know if any of you have trouble with Japanese Beetles.....let me tell you they get worse around here every year! They eat up everything, they will destroy all shrubs, flowers whatever  resembles a plant, they will "EAT".
Internet Photo
I found a concoction on the Internet the other day and it has worked so far. I still have more plants to treat, on my to do list for this weekend.  I will probably have to treat them a couple of times. 
This is all "natural" ingredients & you probably have them already in your cupboards:
Fill a 2 gal sprayer to the 1.5 gal mark with warm water.
Add the following:
3 tsp of garlic powder (do not use garlic salt..it will stop of the sprayer)...don't ask how I know...I just know...Ha Ha!
2 tsp of cayenne pepper, a couple squirts of dish washing liquid and a  little under 1/4 cup of vegetable oil. Shake well and spray. Be sure to wear safety goggles and it would not be a bad idea to wear a dust mask over your mouth. The cayenne pepper is pretty "hot"....don't ask how I know...I just know...Ha Ha!


It's almost my bed time....4:45 a.m. comes around pretty quick. Wishing all of you a blessed weekend!


Don't forget to click here to see the barn shots!


God Bless
&
Be Safe

~Linda~





4 comments:

  1. They used to be so bad here and would destroy so much fruit and then I don't know what happened but I don't see as many as I used too.
    That is a great recipe to put on things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by....they are now eating up my Canas...they better enjoy now because after tomorrow they will not even land on them.

      Delete
  2. Linda, I've just passed this on to a woman who is having trouble with the beetles. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great....I will be out tomorrow spraying in the back yard....I am determined to get rid of these pesky little critters!

      Delete