Tuesday, May 17, 2011

FRAGRANCE OF NECTAR

First of all....I just want all my friends to know how much I miss blogging with you guys. With the new job and now all the work to do around here since Spring is here it seems I just don't have much time to do much of anything else. 
I know a lot of you are in the same situation and if you have any suggestions on finding "more time"....please tell me!
____________________________________________________
 I don't know if you have heard of or seen a Tulip Poplar Tree....
I am here to tell you that we have lots of them......
we are surrounded by them......
BUT
That is ok........
The Fragrance of these trees is like ......no other.

I was out mowing the other day and I kept smelling this wonderful fragrance every time I would get near the dog pen......
and NO it was not.....you know (doggie poo).
I said WONDERFUL Fragrance......

I turned and looked around and saw that the Tulip Trees in the dog pen were loaded with blooms.
I bet you can guess what I did.......

YEP

I ran to get my camera........

SEE.......
Aah....they smell sooooo good!
I wish you could have been here.......
they smell 10 times more fragrant than Honeysuckle.

The blooms did not last long...the call of Mother Nature took care of that.....that afternoon and the next day it got pretty windy around here and the blooms were "Gone With The Wind".

At least I got to enjoy them for a couple of days.....looking forward to next years arrival of this Sweet and Wonderful Natural Fragrance of Nature.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit, I have really enjoyed chatting with all of you.
Come back and I will join you again as soon as I can.

God Bless
&
Be Safe

~Linda~

4 comments:

  1. someone else posted a photo of their bloom last week - i'd never heard of them, but they're beautiful to see - i can only imagine the smell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you. Seems I'm running out of anything to write about. Those blossoms really do look like tulips; I've never seen them. We are overrun with honeysuckles!! They get on the fences and weigh them down; however, they are very fragrant, especially at dusk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome.I believe we can't grow them here..sad!!I am so glad you were able to catch their sweet scent..in your busy life.

    Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful. I just had to click on the photo to get a closer view and then check your profile to see where you live. I haven't seen those trees before. Really georgeous.

    ReplyDelete