Monday, March 5, 2012

Our New Kitchen Gadget.......

The hubby and I Love P-O-P-C-O-R-N.......we need to be growing our own, especially as much as we eat of it these days. We wanted a good Air Popcorn Popper....much healthier way to fix popcorn since we do eat so much of it. Hubby did some research...he is real good at this....and found that the Presto Air Popper is rated #1...so I go on a hunt for one in our area....let me tell you it was a hunt. I could have ordered one from any store on the Internet and almost did but I decided to try one more store........


 Years ago I popped it in an old pot on top of the stove then I received one of those popcorn poppers with a hand crank that you use on top of the stove, it did a pretty good job...we just wore it out. Hubby started eating microwave popcorn...I really don't care for this kind.....I know I'm weird.....anyway 
 we get more self conscious of our health the "older" we get so no more microwave popcorn...."stuff" in it that we choose not to consume.
 For you Popcorn Lovers....Do you eat regular popcorn or do you eat microwave popcorn. 
 I love these popcorn bowls I found at Dollar Tree, I even got some small ones for the grand-kids when they come over.....they love popcorn too. 

If you eat regular popcorn do you grow your own and how do you pop it? 

Have a great and wonderful Monday.....hope you are having a little Spring in your part of God's country!

God Bless
&
Be Safe

~Linda~

3 comments:

  1. Popa and I have our "popcorn break" almost every afternoon. He buys the microwave stuff; I find that about half of it doesn't pop. We have a hot air popper and a stir popper; I guess the microwave is faster? We used to pop in a skillet; good days with lots of salt and oil! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. This is my current favorite kitchen gadget. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/useful-kitchen-gadget-jar-key.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,
    I love popcorn too...Can you believe I found a special microwave popcorn bowl at Target that will pop the kernals with minimal oil. We like to use flavored olive oils, which are a little healthier...And the popcorn turns out delish. Mmmm, all this talk of popcorn has me craving it now...Hee,hee,hee. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete