Thursday, November 4, 2010

A FULL POT

AN ABUNDANCE OF ACORNS!
I went out today to gather acorns to make a project I found on Better Homes & Garden website. I discovered that we have been blessed with an abundance of these nuts this year, I think I know why, the acorns got to produce and mature this year (some of them are huge), because the Squirrels were so busy eating all of our peaches, apples and pears.
Just getting started, they are everywhere, I was stepping all over them, under leaves in the dirt, I mean everywhere.

It was cold and the wind was blowing, for a minute I thought it was raining "Acorns", they were falling all around me. I am very surprised I did not get hit in the head, the wind was blowing them out of the trees so fast, faster than I could pick them up!
 It did not take me long, about 10 minutes, to get a Full Pot. These are going to be used for projects, will be posting them soon so come back to visit!

2 comments:

  1. I can see acorn wreaths made out of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also pick acorns from the lawn. I pick them in order to spread them all over again, when it snows. The squirrels love me for that!

    ReplyDelete