Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE AGAIN!

WITH FRIED PEAR PIES....
It was late last night but I decided to go ahead and make my Fried Pear Pies, I am glad I did, my husband and I taste tested them and they are absolutely positively delicious! I have a whole new perspective about Pears, I did not know they could taste so good. I am so thankful for everyone that has been so generous giving me pears, since the squirrels ate all of mine, the little stinkers. After peeling and slicing, cooking for a pretty long time, adding granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a stick of butter (smart balance), they were ready to cool and be turned into home-made little fried pies. My pie dough is made from self rising flour and buttermilk, buttermilk gives it such a wonderful unique taste. I now prefer Fried Pear Pies over apple, peach or chocolate, I still like the others but the Pears are at the top of the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment